Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Painted House by PreK

Prekindergarten girls read the book "My Painted House, My Friendly Chicken and Me" by Maya Angelou. The book describes the beautiful homes of the Ndebele in Southern Africa. The women paint the houses with bright geometric shapes and patterns. The girls discussed what some of the things that were the alike and different between themselves and the girl in the book. More things were alike. They then used black paint to make a pattern on a house. The next class, they added color, and in the third class they mounted the house on paper, and added whatever details they wanted. These are awesome!
 

Love the red dragon she added!  She really took her time painting her house.



 
I like the slant to this one!


2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, and lots of scope for individuality! I've browsed through your blog with pleasure and am looking forward to following you from here on :) I'd love you to visit me at Dream Painters :)

    ReplyDelete