Monday, March 5, 2012

Kinder and Primer - Warm and Cool colors

I enjoy working with warm and cool colors and they effect they have on each other and the viewer. In Kinder and Primer, we discussed the differences between these colors. They folded a piece of paper in half, and drew six lines on one half. They folded the paper back up and drew over the same lines on the back (using pencils). The graphite left faded lines on the other half of the paper. After redrawing them, they had a symmetrical and abstract drawing! They colored one side warm and the other side cool using crayons. The last step was to add watercolor, following the same warm and cool sides.





When they finish, we discuss the difference the colors make on the same drawing. During this reflection, I also ask them which side they like best! This is a great way to see the difference color makes.
I have no idea where I got this project from, I have been doing it for a very, very long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment